Arriving by plane
From Munich Airport
- A direct train service operates between Munich Airport and Regensburg main station.
- Furthermore there is a regular bus service – number 635 of Münchner Verkehrsbetriebe – from Terminal 2 to Freising Station. A direct train service from Freising takes you to Regensburg within 60 or 90 minutes.
- Alternatively, one can make use of the Airportliner, that offers airport transfer from Munich Airport to Regensburg. Please note that this service needs to be booked in advance.
From Nuremberg Airport
- A city bus or the subway will bring you to Nuremberg Main Station. A direct train service (approximately every hour) operates between Nuremberg and Regensburg. The train ride will take between 60 to 90 minutes, depending on the type of train.
From Frankfurt Airport
- High-speed trains operate on a frequent basis between Frankfurt international airport and Regensburg (approx. 3.5h traveling).
Arriving by train
High-speed trains (inter city express, ICE) operate on a frequent basis to and from Regensburg train station (For more information on train connections please refer to Deutsche Bahn).
- Upon arriving at the Regensburg train station, the conference site can be reached by foot in about 30 minutes.
- Alternatively, public transportation between the train station and the University of Regensburg is available. Make sure to exit the train station via its Northern exit (not via the mall that is located on the other side of the train tracks towards the South). You can use the bus line 6 (direction "Universität - Klinikum") and the bus line 11 (direction "Burgweinting") to the station “Universität”. From there, the conference venue can be reached within 5 minutes (lecture hall H51). If you have bought a long-distance train ticket to Regensburg, you can usually use the local transportation free of charge (make sure that your train ticket states Regensburg + City).
- Taxis are also available at the North side of the train station.
Arriving by car
Regensburg is located at the crossing of motorways A3 and A93. Parking at the University of Regensburg is free at the parking garage “Am Biopark P Süd 1&2” and the parking lot 9 (Universität Regensburg, Parkplatz 9)